My Music Intro

Hi everyone, I’m Kelly Wertz <333!! I’m a history major and I'm minoring in secondary education.  A little about me is that I’m the youngest child of 4 girls and I absolutely love watching movies or Netflix. The only musical experience I have is playing the flute for three years. I played in my middle school band and after I went to high school, I traded my flute for a guitar and quit that after about a week of trying to figure it out. I do know about beat and rhythm because of playing basketball cheer for two seasons. More about me is that I’m from a small town that’s about an hour and a half away; Saluda, South Carolina. But my music choice is all over the place…but if I had to pick favorites, I love oldies!! I’ll listen to anything from Fleetwood Mac to Post Malone to Kacey Musgraves and much more. I know there are a lot of songs on this post but it was so hard to just pick a few but get ready for my music :)))
















My go to song for right now:  I’ve been listening to Heat Above by Greta Van Fleet. If I’m being totally honest, I found this song/artist because of tiktok. Greta Van Fleet had become pretty popular on tiktok and it kept popping up on my for you page. I knew they were a band and gave me the same vibes as Fleetwood Mac, Led Zeppelin and The Eagles. So, I listen to Safari Song then Heat Above played directly after and I feel in love. The song has just stuck in my head for a couple of days now and it's my go to when I’m walking to class or just need to listen to music. The song also makes me want to dance in a field and that’s the best possible feeling ever. 



Personally Meaningful Songs: These songs both have a special meaning to my heart. Young Dumb & Broke by Khalid symbolized a time of change in life. It was the summer before I started high school. My sister also was celebrating becoming a senior. We thought it was the best thing for us to both be in high school at the same time. The song itself just tells you to live your life because you’re only young once. During that summer we literally were inseparable and to this day we listen to this song and just bring up memories of that incredible summer. 




Hotel California is probably the song I’ve listened to the most in my entire life. There are just so many memories attached to the song. My mom was a huge fan of the eagles when she was a teen and in return, she would play them all the time growing up. I’ve known the lyrics forever and when I got my first car my mom gave me an Eagles CD and I played that CD until it was scratched. To this day I’ll listen to Hotel California and remember my first car and all the memories I made with that CD.




A Song that I don't connect with: This one was harder than I thought it would have been. As I have mentioned before I am an avid listener to Fleetwood Mac and I absolutely love their songs except for Tusk. I really hate to listen to their CD in my car and hearing the intro, it just makes me want to skip it. I couldn’t give you an actually reason as to why I don’t like it more than it just doesn’t go along with the rest of the album and doesn’t make me as happy as the rest of their songs do. Listen for yourself and tell me if you agree or not. 



Bonus!! These two last songs are just ones that I couldn't forget to add in here. Fire and Rain helped me out during a rough phase through high school. Listening to James Taylor distressed me and helped me get passed that difficult time. Fire and Rain always reminds me that there will be good days and there will bad day but if you push through you get to have another day and you can figure out how it will be. It taught me take a step back and to look at the bigger picture and figure out how to take care of yourself because no one else will. 



Mainstreet by Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band is another oldie but definitely a goodie. The beat is just amazing and has always held a special part in my heart. I would see couples dance to this sound and they looked so in love. I really don’t even know how to explain it other than the song makes me feel like you’re growing out of your youth and trying to figure out what to do with your life. This is also a song I had on a CD that I have overplayed and actually got my boyfriend hooked on him as well. 



Comments

  1. Greta Van Fleet is absolutely one of my go to bands as well! Don't worry I found them through Tik Tok too. If you have not already, you should definitely listen to the rest of this album and their other songs! For example, if you love this one, you should take a listen to both "Light My Love" and "You're the One" by them as well. Each and every one of their songs remind me of something that could be a part of a movie. Honestly, I have been trying to get my mother to listen to them because deep down I know she would become obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how diverse your taste in music is. I can relate to you as I constantly find myself listening to genres from all over the place. Typically I like to listen to R&B and 2000s pop, but I constantly find myself listening to other genres that are completely different from what I typically enjoy. Sometimes I even catch myself listening to country even though I don't like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Young, Dumb, and Broke" also brings back memories from high school me. My old friend used to always play it in her car when we went out on our adventures through Mt. Pleasant at night. It reminds me of the good times I had with her before we eventually drifted apart, but I can relate to your connection to the song :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kelly ! I'm currently obsessed with Greta Van Fleet, I just really like the style of the band. As well as the contrast between the lead singer voice and the instruments. Though I'm going to disagree about the song Tusk by Fleetwood Mac, I really like it. I like how it sounds very unusual, and sounds different from their most records, and songs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey kelly! i also love young dumb and broke, there is a calming vibe that comes with the song. i had never lsistned to james taylor befor but im glad i finally did. your blog is very personal and open which i love!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts